In the 21st century, it will be witnessed that every individual is usually in a hurry. In every individual’s life, there are a variety of tasks that require to be fulfilled which is precisely why the swift pace is what we prefer. We tend to carry an identical need just in case of the net speed likewise. Many times, we face the matter of slow Internet speed that winds up heavily disrupting our activities and schedule at large and an issue we ask ourselves is a way to increase broadband speed? Hence, so as to forestall the occurrence of this particular situation in our lives, it’s essential for us to advert to the information mentioned below, which are believed to help us in lifting up the net speed of Windows altogether.

How to Increase Internet Speed

Change The Bandwidth Limit In Windows 10

Windows 10 uses a particular amount of your bandwidth to download updates for the Windows OS and apps. If it uses an excessive amount of bandwidth, you’ll add a limit.

Step:-1 Open the Settings app.
Step:-2 Click Update & Security.
Step:-3 Select Advanced options from the center pane.


Step:-4 Scroll down and click on Delivery Optimization.


Step:-5 Choose Advanced options at the underside.


Step:-6 You’ll see a slider for both Download settings and Upload settings. Here, you’ll specify the quantity of bandwidth that Windows can use for core tasks.



Disable Windows Update delivery

To minimize the load on its servers during Windows 10 rollout, Microsoft has devised a system that redirects your PC to a file-sharing server via P2P sharing services. Consequently, the network services on your PC are actively engaged even when your PC is left idle as Windows Update files stored on your computer are sent to other peers for P2P file-sharing.

One should disable the Windows Update delivery functionality so as to scale back the network bandwidth drain to some extent. Here are the steps:

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced Options and so change the “Choose how updates are delivered” setting to 1 of the following:

Turn off the p2p file transfer completely
Limit the p2p transfer to PCs on your local network

Turn off Background apps

This is the second most vital step in fixing your slow internet on windows 10. Many apps run within the Background to update to eat your bandwidth and successively slowing your internet speed. you want to put off background apps to save lots of yourself from data leakage.

Step 1 – Open the settings panel again.
Step 2 – Now, click on privacy.


Step 3 – Now, scroll down the left menu and choose background apps.

Step 4 – Now, shut down Background apps.



Enable the Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Windows 10 uses about 80% of the bandwidth leaving only 20% for internal use. Thus you are doing not get the whole speed of your Internet connection. So now you’d question- a way to increase your download speed. do this method by following the given steps through which the web speed boost because the limit reservable bandwidth enables.

Step 1: To Open the Run dialogue box, hold the Windows icon key+ R together.
Step 2: Now enter “gpedit” within the box, then press Enter or click on OK.


Step 3: The Group Policy Editor window will open, considered as an awfully powerful service. With some simple tweaks, your system breaks or makes up.
Step 4: Follow the given route:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network> QoS Packet Scheduler



Step 5: Locate Limit reservable bandwidth. Either double click on this selection or right-click and choose the choice Edit.


Step 6: Now you’ll observe three options as Enabled, Disabled, and Non-Configured. Check the Enabled option then set the worth of the Bandwidth limit from 80% to 0%. so click on OK.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *